Monday, January 4, 2010

your new year promise? mine is...38 m + 4 m

i ask my cool friend millie, what's your new year resolution? pausing momentarily she bursts into a sunny smile and says, i prefer the word 'promise.'

i like that.
'promise' imbues all that resolve, determination and focus with ease and gentleness. sweetness too. and how about a sense of intimate connection?

my promise for this year is to cultivate the capability of listening, listening with the awareness of my easeful and steady breath, listening with respect, listening with attentiveness.

listening to what? well, to start with, i really want to listen to the 24/7 guidance from the inner self. it's good that i'm listening better when i'm in my steady meditation posture. now let me take it one step further.

do you have a new year promise? what is it? i would love to listen to it if you want to share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment