Tuesday, January 5, 2010

my god-sis. 38 m + 21 m

on one hand the holy-day season is marvelous and wonderful. on another hand it is so very sweet and settling to return to the calming and calm rhythms of day-to-day life.

as the easeful breath flows ever more freely through the body and mind i have this keen awareness of a soft whiff of sadness nudging my heart.

i know what it is about. i miss my muimui.
after passing away young and beautiful for 22 years a tiny thought of her still stirs a humming sound rippling through my whole being.

as i let out another long and fine exhalation i hear the inner self speaking to me. actually it's more bringing up a presence. the sweet and pretty presence of wai ying.

soon my awareness gently undulates in the merging loveliness of my two sisters, one biological and the other through the invisible womb of grace.

out of pure kindness and goodness wai ying literally steps into the shoes of a sister: she adopts my mother as her god-mom. in the long while when i was struggling and searching she takes over all those responsibilities that should have been mine. and she does everything with abundant ease, boundless generosity and great joy.

really. i would have given up if my little god-sis didn't have my back all those years. and, hey, she's a fabulous yogi as well as a lover of exquisite food. now, even in the depths of meditation i am sniffing the intoxicating aroma from the heavenly fruit tarts she brings my mother after a long day of hard work.

such is the purity of her good, golden heart. such is my great, good fortune.

No comments:

Post a Comment