Wednesday, August 19, 2009

39+52, in love

no word can describe how much i'm in love with the sound and rhythm of my own breath. it moves in and out of the body like a dancer with natural ease and regal grace. the flow is gentle and pulsing with buzz. i notice that every day the inbreath grows a little deeper and the outbreath a little longer. the yummi-yum feeling of relief and release stirs up swells of gratitude. and then i remember another thing. my breath is unconditionally reliable. it's my constant companion. it never fails me. once i ask someone who became a dog parent after living by herself for a long time. she says, you can't imagine the joy to have someone coming to the door to greet you with so much love day after day. well, that's kind of what i feel about my breath. even though i keep forgetting that it is truly my lifeline it keeps serving me with such sweetness and generosity. it's totally forgiving. thank you, my breath, i love you so, so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment