Saturday, August 15, 2009

39 + 34, empowering

so it is when i am afloat in the sweet peace and quiet contentment with the body in a sturdy, upright and comfortable posture that i recognize what an empowering force meditation generates.

while my attention is anchored firmly in the sound and movement of the breath i become aware of a little video playing across the vast screen of the open mind. i watch the narrative unfold. it involves me learning the ropes of how to tackle sales and use tax. in this particular scene that is being replayed within my being i'm in a conversation with a person who is regarded as knowledgeable in these matters. in the moment i begin to spot discomforts in the solar plexus and i recognize what it is right away. i see that this person, while experienced in many areas, is, shall i use hubby's words, not up to speed in web marketing. in fact, through the research and study i have conducted, i can already see the answers to my own questions simply by making the efforts to articulate them clearly. at several points in the interaction, this person insist, suk wah, listen to me, you are wrong, just do what i tell you to. very soon i catch my voice taking a higher and higher pitch and the mind was wobbling. just then i feel a steady surge of confidence. i turn my attention to deepening and lengthening the breath. just like that. it isn't hard to do. then a wonderful thing happens. the voices relaxes into an even tone. the mind calms down. in a clear and concise manner i continue the conversation anchored in what i really am. the Self, alive, still and the source of all potentials and possibilities. therefore i don't feel the need to be defensive. i don't feel i have to come out on top. whatever this person says or doesn't say does not affect my true worth. from that point on it is 2 equals working together to resolve a situation. no more. no less.

it has taken so many words to examine the 'video'. but the actual play really took place in a split second. contemplating the experience i realize the power accumulated through my meditation practice lift me up in the moment when i need it and take me across the tumultuous mental waters.

and so it is i happily return to reveling in the sweet peace and quiet contentment within my own being. i keep meditating.

No comments:

Post a Comment