Friday, February 5, 2010

smoking and breathing. 45 m + 29 m

what comes to me when i notice my breath is really lengthening and strengthening, and i just love it? one word. smoking.

i know exactly what it means to me.

i never smoked even when i was around talented, terrific chain-smokers all the time for many years. in fact, as i reflect on that period in my life, i realize what a torture it was for me to take in all that second hand smoke. it smelt terrible. i hated it. how did i cope? i held my breath.


on one hand, i know that all this is just the mind rolling down the memory lane stirring up thoughts, feelings and more mental activity. on another hand, i am having an insight about smoking as i see, on the screen of my consciousness, my cool, chic friends taking in a long one, pausing and then slowly letting out a steady stream of smoke.

aaahhh. smoking involves deep breathing.

i watch my breath lengthening a little more. i feel great. i feel grounded. i watch the chest gently move with the deepening breath. it is quiet and clear within. i see overarching directives regarding specific areas in the book: here, trim and tighten; there, action, action.

No comments:

Post a Comment