Wednesday, October 21, 2009

1 hr 20 m, boring meditation?

these days whenever i see the tendency to judge my meditation with opinions like,
  1. my meditation is boring, 
  2. nothing's happening in my meditation, 
  3. how come i don't see lights and thunders, 
  4. so-and-so's experience is fantastic, why don't i have experiences like that.
i remind myself of something my meditation teacher says. it goes like this: when i was young, i went through a time when i didn't like my meditations, i thought i was not having any experience. my teacher noticed i was walking around with a long face. he called for me. i went to him. he asked many questions about my meditation practice. then he says, you are so fortunate, you can sit in quiet for a couple of hourse, you are so fortunate. from that day on i look forward to meditate, i meditate with great joy and enthusiasm.

just remembering these words, basking in the sublime loving care passing from generation to generation i experience waves of sweet thrills ripping across my entire being from deep within.

i am so fortunate. i put in so much efforts and hwubby showers me with unconditional support to make sure my meditation practice happen in a sustained manner. i am so fortunate.

No comments:

Post a Comment