Saturday, July 23, 2011

his holiness. facets of my own true nature.

as it happens a whole bunch of people at the sabbath meal table have their own dalai lama stories. for a short while i have the urge to say, i have my dalai lama experience too. but then i feel a subtle pull from within that clearly says, just listen, suk wah. i get exactly what it means. i don't need anything to add to what i already have, my own true nature. so i sit back, well, not exactly, i fuss over my plate of yummy food.

getting back to his holiness. i can't nod enough as i hear impressions and perceptions being so generously shared by people. my top faves are these. playful. with so much humility. child like. as i type this i am so tempted to relive those memory fragments where his sense of pure delight shine. nevertheless this insight trumps it. you are recognizing all that you already have. nailed it. i spot the residual tendency to compare.

so true. i am not looking at some attributes that another person has and i don't have them. quite the opposite. i am so drawn to them because i recognize them, i see in them what i have and what i want to let out. as my guru says,

in the beginning, love.
in the end, love.
in the middle, cultivate virtues.

virtues that are facets of my own true nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment